Monday 28 September 2015

EAT BEAUTIFUL: Grain-free, Sugar-free and Loving it by Megan Stevens

Having been on the Banting diet for a while now, I am constantly in search of a low carb and low sugar dessert that I can offer the family. This book does not disappoint at all.
After seeing recipe upon recipe that required almond or coconut flour (both of which are not exactly cheap), I was pleasantly surprised to find so many recipes with loads of alternatives. I had never even heard of carrot flour, which is definitely so easy to make. The photos that were available gave me hope since these unconventional recipes looked the same as anything I have ever eaten-nothing says disappointment quite like being promised a chocolate cupcake and receiving a flat brown cookie type mess. The book does not really offer dinner type meals, but more snacks, desserts and add-ons, which is great as there are so many options. I really liked the way that there are substitutes available for some of the ingredients, as well as a number of different types of the same dish. The addition of the explanatory introduction as well as addendums detailing reasons as to why not to eat certain foods were very helpful. As for instructions on how to make your own nut butter and sprout nuts-well call me the domestic goddess! And finally-pizza that is guilt free!
Definitely recommending this one-beautifully presented and well thought out.
Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment