Tuesday 19 April 2016

Rage against the Night by various authors

This is a collection of short stories in the horror genre; saving the world from forces of evil.

I picked this collection up as I noticed it contained a story by Stephen King; one of my all-time favourite authors. Granted it was one already published, but I wanted to compare it to some of the authors I had not had the chance to read before.  The collection was a bit of a hit and miss with me. I really enjoyed some of the stories while others ended and I had no idea what I was supposed to have read. I hate that dissatisfying feeling where you finish reading something and realise you have just wasted minutes of your day for something you didn't enjoy. Luckily it didn't happen very often here and I did learn of a few new authors I would like to try out.

Unfortunately I was shocked at the editing mistakes-surely with such a large collaboration there might only be a few mishaps? Not in this however; almost every story had some sort of error creeping through it.


Worth it if you want to find new authors, but if you are looking for a gripping horror collection; just average.

No comments:

Post a Comment